Signal Loss

Want to say that you're joining or leaving the forum? Post here!
ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Signal Loss

Post by ShadowSpectre »

It's been nigh on two years since I first joined the UFF. The reason I joined was because Dabir and Flandre Scarlet/Hyphen pointed me in this direction after a wonderfully silly little venture on a BYOND game (TRAP JAMMER). Since then, I've not really contributed very much to the community in terms of what its namesake was for; Fraxy has never been and will never be one of my strong points. I made one or two bosses, but they weren't pioneering or remarkable asides from the fact that it appeared that nobody had made anything vaguely modern-military before. That aside, I have been mostly redundant here.

Despite that, I was promoted to the role of Contest Moderator under the old system of staff, which confused me greatly; I'm not exactly a very Fraxy-ish person, so why I got the position was baffling.

Within a couple of months, however, Aquamancia stepped down as administrator, and after a (slightly) contrived nomination/popular vote system, and driven through by Flandre Scarlet/Hyphen (the irony), I was promoted to the position at the top of the forum.

My meteoric rise to power was peculiar. It hadn't quite sunk in until it came to my complaints about how bad the old forum layout was, and one of my first actions as administrator was to renovate the forums into the system that it uses today. Staff was shifted around and finally, we ended up with that which we use today.

However, despite how well I've got on with the majority of members here and how effective I was as an administrator, I've not really felt that I was a particularly good one. And so, since November/December, I've been searching for a successor, and my results can be found here.

In addition to stepping down as administrator, I decided that I ought to begin to consider my personal life and/or my education a lot more seriously than I have been; despite the appalling work:grade output ratio that I have meaning that it is almost certain that I'm going to university next year despite doing no work whatsoever, I've got to begin to pull my finger out in terms of how I treat my life. I've begun to forego the computer in favour of more productive endeavours, and I'm afraid to say that I'll be slowly retreating from my online activities in various places.

I've had a lot of fun and made some good friends here. I don't intend to leave immediately, but gradually fade away. This isn't a reflection upon any of you; you're all great people, one way or another, and I've enjoyed myself here, but I'm going to begin to move on with my life away from the forums. Oh, I'll pop in every now and again, and don't expect to lose my occasional remark or interaction with the forums, but I shan't be putting nearly as much emphasis as I used to on this old place.

If I should be needed for any reason, there are ways to contact me. I'll still float around the IRC, and certainly, more than a few members here have my Skype address (which shan't be posted here because I'm a tad paranoid about bots) which can be used to contact me whenever you please, though whether or not I respond is a different matter entirely, for one reason or another. But otherwise, I guess this is it. Thank you, one and all.

Last edited by ShadowSpectre on Thu May 02, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Re: Signal Loss

Post by Xeilumardrox »

A long and eventual farewell, ShadowSpectre.
Come back anytime you want.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

MintE
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Walrus
Gold Stars: Walrus

Post by MintE »

Ditto for what VR said.

Good to have had you here.

You're welcome anytime.
Who am I kidding!? I'm a terrible person

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

I third what VR said.
It's been great having you around, and you'll always be welcome here.
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Post by SnipeHeart »

Hope you'll drop in every now and again, SS.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr

Post by Scionox »

Goodbye, and come back again whenever can...

...in a sexual way
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Kamui OS
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by Kamui OS »

Aye, I hear ya. Good luck on your future.
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing. - Unknown

Support these sites!
Here...
Redux Wiki
Fraxy Academy
Fraxy Facebook Group
Fraxy YouTube Group
Shoot Em Up Wiki
Gradius Homeworld

IRC:
UFF - irc.us.mibbit.net #Fraxyuff
Redux - nucleus.kafuka.org or kuroi.irc.djbouche.net #fraxy

Best Fortune From Cookie: "Made In The USA"

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Goodbye, Shadow...

...It's been fun.
:yap:

Kin
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner
Epicness: More epic than you.

Post by Kin »

I look forward to seeing you on the IRC every blue moon.

CoreShooter
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Perhaps

Post by CoreShooter »

You were the greatest

and you shall be missed
If you stop raging
It's ragequitting